Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting
This is a wonderful whipped cream frosting that is very stable and does not melt at room temperature unlike many standard whipped cream frostings. It also makes a great dip for fresh fruit -- not too sweet, just right! This recipe is probably easiest when made a stand mixer but will work with any good mixer.
Write a review
- 1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups heavy cream (whipping cream)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Using the whisk attachment, mix on medium speed until smooth.
- While continuing to mix, slowly pour in the whipping cream.
- Whip until frosting holds a stiff peak, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl occasionally.
- This is a recipe I found on another website and have used it with success on several occasions.
- Make sure to use granulated, and not confectioners' sugar.
- You can also substitute other flavorings for the almond extract. I have used lemon extract to add a citrus flavor when I used it as a filling.
- You can pipe and decorate with this frosting, but you will need to make sure you whip it to a stiff consistency so that the decorations hold their shape.
Cakes and Classes by mle http://cakesbymle.com/